WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW IS IT USED?
- Information You Voluntarily Submit to the Website:We may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the Website by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, or submitting a contact form.
- Information We Collect from Others:We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, if you use a third-party software through the site, they may transfer information to us for fulfillment.
- Automatically-Collected Information:We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website. For example, when you use the Website, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. We may also collect information about actions you take when using the Website, such as links clicked.
- Cookies:We may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by the Website. We may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on the Website.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE USED
We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the Website;
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings;
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To provide you with user support;
- To track and measure advertising on the Website;
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
THIRD-PARTY USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your information with third parties when you explicitly authorize us to share your information.
Additionally, the Website may use third-party service providers which service various aspects of the Website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies. The Website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
- Google Analytics – this service tracks Website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on the Website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics. Additionally, the IP address collected by Google Analytics is anonymized before collecting and storing. The data collected is retained for 26 months before being permanently deleted.
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
- Email Services – like mail chimp or the Blossom Theme newsletter – this service is used for delivery of email updates and newsletters. We store your name and email address for purposes of delivering such communications.
At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications. This list may be amended from time to time in the Website’s sole discretion.
Except when required by law, we will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent; however, we may disclose or transfer personal information collected through the Website to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, which may be the result of a merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
From time to time, we may use anonymous data, which does not identify you alone, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include analytics or information collected from cookies.
PUBLICLY VISIBLE INFORMATION
If you create a user profile on the Website or leave a comment, certain information may be publicly visible. The Website may make chat rooms, forums, blogs, article commenting, and personal profile pages available to users. Please remember that any such information that you may choose to provide in these areas becomes accessible to the public, and also becomes the property of the Website in accordance with our Terms and conditions, and we may use such information in any way that we see fit. Consequently, you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information or to upload material of any kind.
Users may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies, by the Website, by using a corresponding setting of your internet browser and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. However, if users deactivate the setting of cookies in your Internet browser, not all functions of our Website may be entirely usable.
Sponsored Content Tracking Pixels
This Website may engage in sponsored campaigns with various influencer networks, brands, and agencies. All sponsored content is duly disclosed in accordance with the FTC’s requirements. From time to time, these sponsored campaigns utilize tracking pixels (aka web beacons), which may contain cookies to collect data regarding usage and audience. This information is collected by the sponsoring company to track the results of the campaign. No personally identifiable information collected by the Website is used in conjunction with these tracking pixels.
Affiliate Program Participation
The Website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions. The Website may have financial relationships with some of the merchants/vendors mentioned on this website. In some instances, the Website may be compensated if consumers choose to utilize the links located throughout the content on this site and generate sales for said merchant/vendor. Forever Family Trees is currently not a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com, but is hoping to become a participant in the near future. As part of this Amazon Associates program, the Website will post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
On the Website, you may subscribe to our newsletter, which may be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows the Website to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This behavior will not be passed on to third parties.
RIGHTS RELATED TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be removed from our mailing list.
Access – You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to email@example.com.
Amend – You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to amend or update your personal information.
Forget – In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to email@example.com.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for record-keeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The Website PROVIDES THE INFORMATION, SERVICES AND PRODUCTS ON THIS WEB SITES “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. YOU AGREE THAT the Website SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CONTENT FOUND ON OUR FORUMS THAT ANY DOWNLOADING OF MATERIALS FOUND ON OR THROUGH the Website FORUMS IS DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND THAT the Website IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR UNSOLICITED COMMUNICATIONS THAT ARISE FROM YOUR POSTINGS. The Website SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE IN ANY MANNER FOR THE ACTS OF ANY THIRD PARTY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY THIRD PARTY AD NETWORK.
The Website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that the Website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
The Website abides by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. In the event that we learn that we have collected information from any child under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete this information from our database as quickly as reasonably possible. If you believe that any Site has collected any information about anyone under 13, please contact email@example.com via email.
CONSENT AND MODIFICATIONS TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
The Website is controlled, operated and administered entirely within the United States. By using the Website and/or participating in the activities of ForeverFamilyTrees.com Community, you signify your agreement to the terms of this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree with this Privacy Statement, please do not disclose any personal information through our site. The Website may modify this Privacy Statement at any time, at its discretion, and modifications are effective upon being posted on this the applicable Site. You are responsible for reviewing this Privacy Statement periodically to ensure that you are aware of any changes to it.